Friday, June 10, 2011

Will You Pass Me a Tissue??

Today is Friday and my week-long stay at USM is drawing to a close. The week started off with me scared  out of my wits and has ended with me dreading the goodbyes.

Over the past week, all 16 members of the MCJ workshop have come together to make friendships and work together in our shared passion--journalism.  I've had the opportunity to talk with each and every one of them and can safely say I have made some terrific friends.

Not only am I taking away amazing friendships, I'm taking away valuable information and skills I can use at my high school newspaper and yearbook and into the future.  I  had no idea there were so many terms and special tricks in the world of media until this week.  From this blog to my taste of acting in the Fab Five's video PSA, I've stretched my limitations, come out of my comfort zone and feel accomplished in the fact that I've got more to offer now because of this workshop.

The Fab Five ( Helen, John, DeeJay, Zoe and me) have worked so well as a team.  Our teamwork and great chemistry have made this week so much more enjoyable for me, and I know I've taken more away from each session because of my teammates.

Thank you so much to MCJ for hosting this workshop and giving aspiring journalists, like myself, the opportunity to learn more about the realities of the world of journalism.

This week has been amazing and I know I will never forget my experiences here!

No comments:

Post a Comment